View Single Post
Old 12th June 2017, 04:48 PM   #6
rasdan

Thanks Marius, probably I have been staring at it for too long that it appears awkward. Regarding the blade, please accept my apologies, it is not something that I wish to display in public. I am very sorry..

Hi David, the gerantiman looks nice in photo, but in hand it feels very light that it gives you a “toyish” feel. However, I haven’t really held a real old gerantim hilt to say this for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I believe if one is going to wear ones keris is what we see as the standard Balinese style (to the back with the hilt riding up over the shoulder) that the sheath must be long enough to make this positioning possible regardless of the length of the blade.
Yes, I guess we need a longer sheath if somebody is going to wear it with a traditional Balinese style. It is just that this one is a bit longer than usual. Almost like a keris ligan sheath length.

Thanks Jean, I forgot the correct term for the hilt is gerantiman. In my opinion the length is OK since the height is almost the same with the length of the top sheath. I checked with the one at the cover of Keris di Lombok, this ratio seems correct.

Last edited by rasdan; 12th June 2017 at 08:37 PM.
rasdan is offline   Reply With Quote