View Single Post
Old 18th May 2016, 04:09 PM   #95
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel
As to " pussification", please feel free to recommend its inclusion into the OED. I insist on being credited:-)))
Nice to hear you are taking credit for this vulgar term Ariel, but AFAIK George Carlin used the word in one of his routines about a decade ago.
I will now be accused as being overly PC in my approach, but i would surely hate to see anyone, Alan included, considering this a useful or admirable word to add to one's vocabulary. I have been raised to have nothing but the greatest respect for womankind. If you cannot see how this word is derived from the use of the word "pussy" as a derogative that refers to the female genitalia and is applied as an insult to men who are perceived to be acting "weak like a woman" then you have not been paying much attention to the etymology of slang. Those who believe women the weaker sex might want to try childbirth sometime. I do realize that we are a bit of a boys club here, but i personally find the use of this word in this manner to be quite offensive. Since we are (mostly) men here i would ask that we conduct ourselves like gentlemen in this space. Perhaps try acting as if your mother, sister and wife are in the room listening.
David is offline   Reply With Quote