View Single Post
Old 11th March 2005, 12:51 PM   #1
capt.smash

Default keris blade for comment.

Hi guys i just got this nice Bali blade .Its another nice blade fallen on hard times placed in poor dress and sold cheep[i cant resist a nice blade ] .Im asumeing its a bali blade cause its in bali dress and because of its size[40cm from tip to ganja]and high polish and also there is a one eyed demon/deity? engraved at the bottom.There is alot of engraveing around the bottom of the blade,although unfortunately some has worn away[i get the impression that it was once heavily corroded and then re-polished].Of interest to me is the ganja witch has the strange protrusions and after some scrubbing away the dirt and rust with a toothbrush in water i was delighted to find that the two either side of the peksi are infact very intricately chizeled animals[i cant capture them very well in picture but the detail is almost microscopic with individual hairs engraved to make the fur coat]the animal nearest the pecetan im quite sure is a cow and i cant quite make the other one out yet[it is alot more corroded] but im leaning towards a cat/tiger or monkey [more cleaning should hopefuly make it clearer].Can anyone tell me the significance of these animals?there seems to be a ceremonial feel to it.Any comments and corrections welcome.
Sorry about pic quality my camera is rubbish
Attached Images

capt.smash is offline   Reply With Quote