View Single Post
Old 6th May 2009, 04:57 AM   #18
ferrylaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
I'm sorry Ferry, but I just cannot say with any degree of certainty.

I just can't do this sort of thing from photos ---unless we're talking Segaluh or high class Surakarta, or something else that is easy to tag. I've seen Palembang blades that look more or less like this one, but because they haven't been regularly cleaned, they have always looked to have different material to this one. All I'm saying is that it might---I emphasise might--- be a possibility.

The Mn. is worth a visit. No pics inside, but you can sketch. Some nice old gold in the collection.
Thanks Alan, my first conclusion regarding this keris is ' it is a javanese' keris. I've made some discussion on this keris, and all of the opinion says this is a javanese keris. I always looking forward for your opinion, that's why I immediately brought this photos to this forum.
you're the first person to say that it might be a palembang keris. as you mention before 'they have always looked to have different material to this one' based on the keris material it self. most of my friends would tend to say this keris have a common material used in javanese kerises. the buntut urang is 2mm wide. about the nyebit rontal ganja, I would say this one do not have nyebit ron ganja. there is a trace of ri pandan indicate it has jalak tilam sari dhapur. a common dhapur in javanese keris.
ferrylaki is offline   Reply With Quote