View Single Post
Old 1st July 2016, 04:23 PM   #22
Reventlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando
I will keep the Swiss Museum links to my favorites and spend some time digesting all that material. But say, when you compare Waldman's fig. 69a (a publication i have) with Snook's fig. 10 (?), are you sure about Snook's fig. number ... or does he have another work besides "The Halberd and Other Polearms of the Late Medieval Period" ?
Sorry, I should have been more specific! I'm referring to fig. 10 in The Halberd and Other European Polearms, 1300-1650. The content is basically the same as the other publication, where the same halberd looks to appear in fig. 5. Waldman's fig. 67b is the other relevant illustration, of another halberd with the five-pointed star mark.

Hopefully the Swiss Museum will continue to update the online collection... I know they have a number of much earlier halberds that are not included, and neither is their very interesting collection of medieval swords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSinTX
Thanks so much for posting these examples. Here is one I own that I posted a little while back. Your post and links provide a wealth of info.

Obviously made by the same craftsman as the examples you posted
Casey, What a fine specimen you have! I have not seen a striped pattern like that before, but it is clearly a perfect match for style and technique with the others.
Reventlov is offline   Reply With Quote