View Single Post
Old 4th June 2016, 04:18 PM   #14
rickystl

Hi Richard.

I too have never been able to locate anything on line with reference to firing these Torador barrels, except for the Mughal Matchlock YouTube video, which was to brief for our level of interest. LOL.
I remember reading that also as the Indians did not trust the threaded breech plug. Curious. But after drilling the hole in the breach of my barrel, I can see where the quality of forge welding was much better than I expected. With the constriction now removed, I don't think you should have any problems. Yes, the lubed felt wads above and below the ball would be a good starting place. And yes, of course, test the barrel seperately from a distance. But I don't think you will have any issues. Anxious to hear your findings.
I'm also anticipating the barrelsmith begining work on my barrel this month. I'll keep you posted in that regard.

Here is another question I have with these Toradors. Did they fire these guns with the end of the butt stock at the shoulder, as would normally be assumed ? Or did they cup the butt stock UNDER the armpit ? At least with mine, I notice I can get a sight picture holding it either way. What do you think?

Rick
rickystl is offline   Reply With Quote