View Single Post
Old 13th July 2022, 06:33 PM   #23
Ren Ren

I think that it is quite possible that there was an Ottoman influence at a time when the Black Sea was an inland sea of ​​the Ottoman Empire. But I also propose to pay attention to the Greek influence, which lasted for two thousand years more than the Ottoman. Greek communities existed in all the notable ports of both the Black Sea and the Adriatic coast. I was told that the Greek community has always been a prominent part of the ethnic picture of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
I would also like to draw your attention to the islands of the Aegean and Mediterranean seas. There were very interesting designs of knives, of which only the knives of the island of Crete are well known. A friend of mine visited Cyprus about 10 years ago and through his perseverance met one of the last blacksmiths who made traditional knives that were somewhat popular with local butchers. These were very curious knives in a characteristic style, where, if desired, one could find both features of the Ottoman influence and structural elements that had existed in the Hellenistic world for about 2000 years.
Ren Ren is offline   Reply With Quote