View Single Post
Old 1st November 2006, 10:15 PM   #26
Radu Transylvanicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by katana
.....I think that Leon Trotsky would vouch for the lethal qualities of an everyday ice pick.... so the injury potential of the Lohar IMHO would be greater?
Ouch Katana, very ouch. Did you knew they actually recently found Ramon Mercader's ice-pick? I am a fanatic mountaineer myself I have three of my own (no connections OK ) one for mountaineering and two for vertical ice climbing... They are incredible toys, in skilled hands (no connections again ). A Lohar's strike would never compare in the wildest dreams with the strike of a ice axe. My big boy, a Charlet Moser for mountaineering would go at least ten inch deep trough the metal hood of a F-150 truck with a swing from my hands (no connections again ). More powerful than a medieval bec-de-corbin (war hammer), even though smaller than most and lighter of course. The other two lil' boys (bulldogs as I call them) almost left me thumbless when I struck "dinner plate" ice on a vertical route on a ice route three winters ago. Not a pretty sight, I still bear the mark.
Radu Transylvanicus is offline   Reply With Quote