View Single Post
Old 15th May 2007, 11:17 AM   #1
ganjawulung

Default 20th Century Solonese Keris

Dear All,

I would like to show you, the new dhapur (model) -- never been before -- made by a Solonese Keris maker Sukamdi (50). This new dhapur was made in the last year of 20th century, in 1999. So, it's the keris from the last century, isn't it?

The materials are all black (from many kinds of old and broken budha iron), from agricultural tools, and then reforged by Sukamdi) and finished with artistic touch of this one of the best living Solonese keris maker. The sheath is also so special, because the scabbard is not made from metal, but wood. Specially carved with care by Mas Min -- a solonese sheath maker.

The dhapur, is the combination of normal "pakem" (standard model) megantoro and new details of two heavenly birds. So Sukamdi called his new dhapur, "peksi dewata" or heavenly birds or divine birds. Sukamdi had made two model of "peksi dewata", one is seven luks (curves) and this one is nine luks.

Megantoro itself is a pakem in keris. It consist of special details such as: the combination of keris luks (curved keris) from sor-soran to upper middle, and straight keris at the end of the top blade.

I hope you are be able to enjoy my newest keris...

Ganjawulung
Attached Images

ganjawulung is offline   Reply With Quote