View Single Post
Old 25th April 2005, 07:16 PM   #10
wolviex

Post Some explanations

Friends!

Thank you for your opionions so far, and especially about few words of explanation. Every factual information is at a premium for me. So please, I want more

Jens: although you didn't show yourself here I'm curious your opinions as well, especially as the Indian weapons lover and expert. I hope you're not angry I've used your Name here in the figurative sense - in my opinion it only means "the best" and Jim has confirmed it. Your great close-up pictures were the inspiration for some of my pics.

And it seems to me I owe you few words of explanation for this objects:

1. Indian Helmet (Sind?) is the part of whole armour... well, almost whole, because there is only a jacket while trousers are lost. Everybody who posses "Stara bron w Polskich Zbiorach" by Z. Zygulski - go to p. 226-227, item no. 233;

2. Enamelled sabre: all the fittings are on their proper place - one loose shown on the second picture is just cut off the picture . Please take a look at a leather on sheath with beautiful embossed pattern.

3. Arm-guard - again Z. Zygulski "Stara bron.." p. 210, no. 219;

4. Beautiful parade axe, Persian, with the miniature of Ali and his sons: Hassan and Husein. Ali has the Zulfikar sabre (?) ("Stara bron..." p. 239, no. 246)

5. Caucasian sabre - what I like most, is the very nice silver and gold incrustation (made only on one side) (again "Stara bron..." p. 244, no. 252c)

6. Turkish sabre - phenomenal (IMO) pattern visible on close-up picture: engraved in steel floral design with gilded, a little coarse background. Gold incrustation on the other side is very nice too.

7. Yatagan was published probably in "War and Peace" catalogue ("Wojna i Pokoj" in Polish), but I don't have this book at the hand right now.

8. On this picture we can see: powder-horn, small box probably for an oil or wax, and the powder-measure - all Persian, probably.

Regards!
wolviex is offline   Reply With Quote