View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2021, 02:51 PM   #6
Chris Evans

Hi Fernando,

On a different note, although there appears to be evidence that Bowie (or better, his brother Rezin ?) ordered the famous big knife from James Black, there is no actual detailed description, or image, of such knife's form ... and size. As i see it, the picture in Flayderman's book cover is completely a thing different from all 'Bowie' variations we see out there, including the one in Bowie's portrait posted by Jim.
Guys, just tell me i am talking nonsense .

That knife held by JB (in the illustration that Jim uploaded) bears a very strong resemblance to the the controversial Joseph Muso's Bowie. If I recall correctly, many years ago the renowned expert Bernard Levine thought that it was a fake. I remember seeing one in Australia back in the 1960s, around the time that Muso obtained his, so by then a number must have been made and sold.

A quick search on the internet will reveal many images of the Muso Bowie and the ongoing debates about its authenticity.

Cheers
Chris

Last edited by Chris Evans; 3rd June 2021 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Add additional iformation
Chris Evans is offline   Reply With Quote