View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2015, 12:54 AM   #20
boberl

Default Twin brothers, or at least Kissin' Cousins

I have just joined this forum because I saw Templarnight's ribbon hilt last weekend. I have its twin brother or at least a kissin' cousin.
The only significant difference I can see, aside from the decorative piercing is that while his blade has the name Peter Knaupf, mine has the unbiquitous Andria Ferara, along with armourer's marks of an arc with three stars at each end on both sides of the blade.
The dimensions are nearly identical. It suggests that these swords, at the least, came out of the same shop.
I believe they are late in the ribbon hilt series based on the ring that joins the arms of the guards under the pommel. I have an earlier ribbon hilt in which the joining piece is simply a thin piece of iron.
The welding of the plates inside is very well done and all but invisible on the outside.
Most of my swords are on a thread on SFI started by Cathey Brimage, who also launched one here. Cathey, Eljay Erickson and I have been posting swords there are the last few months.
I saw some beautiful pieces on the thread on this forum, which Cathey was also involved in. Hope we can all share the goodies.
Attached Images

boberl is offline   Reply With Quote