View Single Post
Old 20th December 2018, 02:22 PM   #115
Bill M

I wish I had seen this thread earlier before crossing a few lines. However that are what, about 72 posts on three pages? Many have conflicting opinions and ideas.

I appreciate several of the admins trying to keep each of us in line, even when this line is a bit muddy. But the main points are very clear!

I am a collector of artifacts from many cultures.

I have never sold, nor intending to EVER sell any of my Indonesian artifacts!

I do not have any special knowledge about the finer points, dha, tangguh, pamor, dapor, etc. I like to learn and solicit opinions about symbolism and the mechanical techniques in the creating of Keris. If I do not understand a remark, I will respectfully ask for clarification. I have not the slightest in arguing.

My personal bent is to walk away from arguments and find interest somewhere else. My concept is that being "against" someone or concept is as close as you can get! Think the word "against." It is about as close as you can be!

My interest is in the symbolism, the sociology, the reason behind the Keris, in this effect, I am not even trying to act like a Javanese connoisseur. In Java they can do as they want privacy. Hide the blade. Whatever.

My keris are now American, no longer bound by Javanese rules. I will display the entire blade and ask for opinions. I feel that both myself and others can benefit from these images, and I want to learn.

I have known some fine teachers on the Forum. Fine dealers. I will do my very best not to expose them as their privacy demands for themselves and their wares.

I am a guest in this Home. I am trying to sift few the rules and lines that cannot be crossed. As a guest, I firmly want to respect the Forum rules and ethics.

I ask for any PM messages if I am in the slightest area outside the rules. I have read and appreciated PM comments to me and I am trying to live by them.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote