View Single Post
Old 1st August 2010, 02:52 AM   #7
cylord21

Sorry for the late answer.
Un saludo Fernando thanks for the wellcome.

Michael, certainly it is a hunting rifle, i could figure it out for the animals engraved on the inlay. What i don't know is if the term musket is use only for military and rifle for hunting ?. . Is there something to look for or a way to know if inlay is original or later embellisment please let me know. As for the holes on the left side of the lock, one is for the screw to attach lock to stock, the other one i don't know what it stand for, but not for a transmission chain as this is not a self spanning wheellock. The trigger is not a trigger, it is a piece o small diameter rod flatten on one end and screw it through a hole to the inside of the stock. The broken fore end has been smooth out but up to a point as to not to interfere with inlay work (later embellisment work?). There are other broken parts like both ramrod holder, one is almost completely missing and the fore end one is only half (both were done using same material as inlay, bone), it has also some stock repairs. Can you tell what does the sliding piece of the stock and its compartement/hole is for. My compliments to your knowledge and following strict standards is the way to go, thanks.

Fernando K, michael is correct the rifle is short but heavy and the stock is too big for a boy's hand to properly reach and pull the trigger, saludos.

Vicente
cylord21 is offline   Reply With Quote