View Single Post
Old 16th January 2022, 02:58 PM   #11
GePi

Thank you for opening up the thread again Ian. I will not comment any further on that absurd nomenclature derail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montino Bourbon View Post
Nice and very functional blade, (I'm big on functionality) that I'm sure works very well for the work it was intended to do. I'll bet you can clear the line at the supermarket quickly with that. The handle is lovely too, with a beautiful patina that shows some age. The calligraphy is nice too. I like it. Looking again I noticed another nice detail, what looks like a false edge near the point.
It sure does have a false edge, not sharpened though. As said above said the whole blade has a very Indian feel and would feel right at home mounted in a tulwar hilt.

It may be well be wootz, but due to a feature I forgot to show I will not refinish it. It has some geometric decoration at the forte, either applied via (negative) etching or through polishing, I am not sure, very similar to an example from the Ashokaarts archive. It's crude, but of course it has to stay.
Attached Images

Last edited by GePi; 16th January 2022 at 02:59 PM. Reason: forgot the pictures :(
GePi is offline   Reply With Quote