View Single Post
Old 6th February 2024, 04:47 AM   #23
Gavin Nugent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
How does one prove to the authorities that the teeth shown in the auction catalogue that I posted a link to are actually antique pre-ban teeth Gavin?
It is all outlined in the link provided and all other links within Rick.

With regards to within state, looking at what's been happening in that space, all eyes are on places like the auction house. I only see a few of the items with recorded provenance.
Whilst within state, all is currently OK, I suspect that when it comes to out of state buyers, know your laws.
I also expect the whale tooth exemptions locally will fall in line with Federal laws before long. The LONG overdue Elephant ivory and Rhino horn laws are on the doorstep locally, with sensible provisions within.
This was submitted in January 2023, chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/file:///C:/Users/user/Picture/S519.pdf
Joint Committee sat in November, https://www.mspca.org/animal_protect...n-trafficking/
The writing is on the wall where teeth are concerned locally, plain to see with what is noted and known.

From a well known dealers webpage in MA.
Antique Scrimshaw: inventory consists of (19th century/period): antique scrimshaw, antique sperm whale teeth, vintage scrimshaw work on antique sperm whale teeth, antique scrimshaw work on antique walrus tusks. Many of these items came from my private collection which have been collected or purchased over a 40 year period. Also under this category we have some vintage scrimshaw items. Note: regarding endangered species items. We are firm supporters of the US and CITES endangered species acts. Purchasers should familiarize themselves with the appropriate regulations both state and US federal, it is their responsibility. All necessary permits and certificates are the purchaser's responsibility. All sales consummated in MA. No international sale or purchasing of endangered species items.

Last edited by Gavin Nugent; 6th February 2024 at 05:27 AM.