Thread: Why Post?
View Single Post
Old 27th June 2009, 01:51 AM   #22
celtan

Hi Guys,

First let me acknowledge Jim as the main reason for my participation in this forum. His kindness, patience, courtesy, civility, knowledge and clear English prose have proven to be an attraction impossible to resist.

The cordiality that characterizes this forum is a close second motif, the willingness to share, the enthusiasm. In a way, it reminds me of the general feeling of well being associated to the Boy Clubs of my youth.

As an armchair historian and collector, I have no problems with anyone using the data that I provide, for commercial purposes. As a collector, sometimes I merely buy to eventually sell, and then buy other toys more of my preference. If I can help anyone with that, I'm satisfied.

The way I see it, often times people with interesting pieces for sale can be a source of learning, when their particular wares are discussed. If these are not presented to the forum, then we missed an opportunity to learn.

For me this is a hobby, a pleasure source. OTOH, I fully admit that if I see you in my professional capacity, I do expect reasonable fees to be paid!

Then, that's a job, not a hobby.

Best regards

Manuel Luis

Last edited by celtan; 27th June 2009 at 01:45 PM.
celtan is offline   Reply With Quote