View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2012, 05:49 PM   #18
Rick
Vikingsword Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando
Hi Michl.

Maybe this is not what you expect to be commented, but i would start by recalling the following forum rule included in the copyright violation section:

Posting or uploading pictures or other attachments copyrighted by a person other than yourself, without the owner’s explicit permission, is expressly forbidden by Vikingsword, when done for commercial use. However, such materials may be used to a limited extent under the doctrine of fair use for purposes of academic discussion or research. In such situations it is recommended that attribution, citations or credit be provided.

It is praise-worthy, the gesture of prompting/encouraging members with a greater 'luggage' to support their approaches and posted images with technical data, source quotations and bibliography.
On the other hand, let us always bear in mind that, although we have the previlege to be frequented by rather intelectual and academic members, we are also proud to have in our vast list, individuals with the same enthusiasm for our common passion, with the culture and knowledge of the common man.
Let us not raise the hurdle too much as to make them loose their enthusiasm in participating.
I will have to agree with Fernando here .

This is a place where both the Academic and the Enthusiast are welcomed and encouraged to post .

In my years of experience with forums of our sort the rigid call for 'academic and sourced information' only has caused at least one forum I am aware of to become a moribund wasteland .

I would not have this happen here .
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote