View Single Post
Old 24th September 2011, 11:23 PM   #23
kahnjar1

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.alnakkas
Hey Guys,

Am running into a problem the more Jambiya's I have! I like Stu's design very much but there is one thing that I generally avoid and that is putting nails on walls because if you wanted to change they leave bad marks :/

Tried those stuff (no idea what they are called) they basically hang on wall by sucktion but they fall eventually. Maybe some sort of display glass cupboards? hmm brain storming time.

Regards,

Abdullatif
Hi Lofty,
My displays are mounted on another piece of board attached to the wall. If you need to take it away, then there are only the 4 mounting holes to fill.
No old holes showing either as the back board is covered with hessian, so any changes to layout are hidden by the fabric. I do NOT use nails but use screw hooks bent to suitable shape and covered with neoprene tube to avoid metal to metal contact. This method is VERY secure and has weathered all the earthquakes we have had recently without anything falling. Also they are easy to lift off if you need to.
Another member here has his extensive collection of Jambiya in glass shelved and fronted cupboards with back light in some. Looks absolutely marvelous and of course very easy to move stuff around as the pieces are not attached. I will not post the pics of this collection that I have, as it is up to that member to publish if he wishes.
Regards Stu
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote