View Single Post
Old 5th December 2022, 05:05 AM   #8
mahratt

Quote:
Originally Posted by francantolin View Post
Exact ! Wakhan nomad people living in the ''wakhan corridor'' area.

Nice and interesting picture of this karud with his coral turquoise silver scabbard in '' tibetan himalayan style''.

I wonder what is written in chinese on the description and if they call this dagger ''karud'' ?.....
Yes, my friend, your eyesight does not fail you
The karuda scabbard from the Gugong Museum is decorated exactly in "tibetan himalayan style". I deliberately placed the image large enough so that can clearly see the features of the decor, including the classic Tibetan use of red corals.
Unfortunately, I do not know what is written in the museum next to the Karud dagger. I think that in China this weapon had its own local name.

I think you understood my idea that although the images of the Nepalese with Karud daggers are not known, but since the native people of the region undoubtedly actively used talwars and kutars, as well as we know are also Karud daggers with scabbard decor typical for Tibet (at least an item from the Gugun Museum and Your dagger), it is likely that there was occasional use of karud daggers by the people of Nepal. After all, "travel" arms is not uncommon. I remember that in some old topic, Ariel gave an example of a Georgian saber, the blade of which was made from the Indian Khanda sword. Georgia is much further from India than Nepal is from India or Afghanistan.
mahratt is offline   Reply With Quote