View Single Post
Old 10th October 2007, 05:32 PM   #23
Tim Simmons

Exclamation A leap of faith

I am really wired up and going to blow all the fuses. I have just got back from walking the dogs and my mind was working over time. Can things just drop into place over time or do I need to be neutered and muzzled

In the Nilgiris Hill when a buffalo is sacrificed it is done with a spear. I have always felt a purpose for this spear and assumed it was African by decoration as I did for this knife. I have not taken into consideration Indian aboriginal work. As mentioned the tribes in the Nilgiris hills may have incorporated Hindu thought into there own beliefs so the snake and Shiva, black and Kali could be displayed here. We know that brass and copper kept spiritual purity, perhaps all the more important with penetration. The killing and butchering of a buffalo still needing certain observances and implements. Is it possible that I have the spear and skinning knife? The damage to the blade not done by chopping but working around heavy bones. I will post pics of the people in question doing it in a funeral rite shortly.

Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote