View Single Post
Old 12th December 2010, 04:31 PM   #5
Tim Simmons

Great Link David. I have some information to up load. Like you, with this sort of material one always has concerns about authenticity. I am on the fence. I have to say on inspection with a x10 loop there is a lot of craft, more than at first glance. The hide wrap on both items is not unravelled soaked dog chew hide. The hair still in the hide shows considerable preperation. Anybody can cut tassle in leather but I have to say they are very well done, very fine. Making a hole in a flint pebble is not that easy? The clubs on display at the British Museum were of all sizes and shape and size of stone. Many had the most beautiful beadwork on the handles.

There does seem to have been an auction of a Black Pipe Bank state collection, but I can find little info.

My reseach ref- Black Pipe Bank collection, has leed me to this auction house "SHOBE AUCTION & REALTY" I have email them to see if there is any possiblity of information.

Last edited by Tim Simmons; 12th December 2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: adding stuff
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote