View Single Post
Old 25th February 2006, 10:18 PM   #13
Antonio Cejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Antonio , you show in your illustration four tubes taped together ; presumably the parcel would be four swords (one per tube) ; now this parcel as shown would have one waybill , correct ?

The question I must ask is that with the 5 kilo weight limit wouldn't the four tubes taped together exceed five kilos by quite a bit ?
Rick,

I did say to tape four tubes, but I didn't say that each WAYBILL had to have 5 kilos. The Waybill issue is to reduce the number of parcels (4 tubes taped together should weight 20 kilos maximum and be considered 1 parcel
constituted by four tubes

Quote:
If this is the case should we then opt to ship more and lighter packages rather than fewer and heavier packages ?

If this has already been covered then please excuse me I can be somewhat dense at times ; sometimes I need things spelled out more clearly .

Rick
No problem. The first part of the answer replies to the second one and it is good for everyone.
Everything boils to the same old question put into the present context:
which is heavier? 5 kilos of raw cotton of 5 kilos of steel?
Furthermore to save weight, one can place 2 swords in one tube. It then means that one tube's weight is split into two swords.

There can be many variations.

Ron, I'll be with you in about 1 hour, sorry but its me alone on this side of planning and coordinating