View Single Post
Old 19th May 2016, 12:18 PM   #115
kronckew

Quote:
Originally Posted by drac2k
So we should not institute capital punishment to deter murder because it doesn't work, but we should destroy all ivory to save the elephants because this will work and we should save societies after we save the animals.
Is this the premise of your argument or did I misunderstand?
but it DOES work. i've not heard of a single murderer who was executed ever doing it again. sure deters him & saves the state having to support him for decades at huge costs to us. i have however heard of murderers released on parole from life sentences who did kill, and soon after he was released. one who killed someone, a stranger at a bus stop, while waiting for the bus to take him away from the prison comes to mind. there are degrees of murder, some justified, some crimes of passion by basically good people, but there are some people who are just evil and eliminating them is best. does it deter others from copying - maybe not. we never hear about the ones it did deter based on someone else's execution, only the ones it did not. kinda skews the stats. and the liberals forcing the state thru endless apeals to make those who are on death row suffer for decades before executing them is cruel and unusual. arrest them on a monday, try them on tues., appeals on wed. and/or thu. and public execution on friday at noon works for me. justice must be swift and must be seen to have been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahiim al Balooshi
Though interesting to some ...may I suggest that this thread be moved to Miscellaneous since the so called Destruction of Artwork is not an ethnographic weapon...but is allowable in terms of that Forum...not this one.
sounds like a plan. i agree. too generic and emotive.

Last edited by kronckew; 19th May 2016 at 12:35 PM.
kronckew is offline   Reply With Quote