View Single Post
Old 5th September 2009, 04:14 AM   #10
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

I am very grateful for all the kind words here, and clearly, the success of this forum is owed to all of you who have participated and shared in all the great discussions over the past year.

If I may, I would like to extend a very special thank you to Michael, who we know as Matchlock, for all he has done in sharing magnificent photos and European artwork in constant arrays of breathtaking groupings.

It has been his life's work to collect, study and preserve the history of some of the very rarest European firearms in the world, and he has constantly shared these on personal tours that many of us would never experience, even if we could get to the museums that hold such items.

Along with all the amazing items all of you have shared here, helping us all learn, Michael has tirelessly continued to teach us more on these early firearms than I ever could have imagined.

Again my deepest gratitude to all of you guys, and Michael, thank you for opening the doors to understanding these very rare arms.

As always,
Jim
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote