Thread: My first Keris
View Single Post
Old 15th February 2006, 01:30 PM   #14
Henk

Martin,

Just like you we have fun on the forum and learn a lot from our fellow members.
Please, dont see the remarks Nechesh and I made as criticism. Because it isn't. We just want to know where your info comes from.

As a dutch just like you are, you and I know that especially on the subject keris the knowledge about the keris is not always found in books. A lot of our fellow countrymen where inhabitants of Indonesia who came in the fifties to Holland and they didn't wrote their knowledge in books but passed it oral to their sons and the interested dutch youngsters who where fascinated by the keris and wanted ancious to learn. That last part was certainly for me.

I for instance have on a small sheet written down by an Indonesian friend of my in those days the steps for cleaning the keris. I bet that that is not found in any book. Scientific?? Certainly not!! But for me it is a treasure and the knowledge passed to me how to take care for your keris. And it is just as you said and other forum members made that remark before, also the authors of the books differ in their opinions and made mistakes.

So don't see it as an attack. We just want to gather knowledge just like you.
Henk is offline   Reply With Quote