View Single Post
Old 16th November 2006, 02:00 AM   #17
Emanuel

Greetings,

So sorry to butt in on this, but I believe Rivkin here alludes to his own past writing being crap compared to what he believes today...not an attack on the author.
Quote:
I have no problem if Manoucher for example comes after stuff I published on this forum. A lot of it (10-20%) is different than what I think today, and a some of it is simply crap.
I think I will buy this book...soon. At my level of collecting, I care very little about fine details and perfect provenance of examples and dates accurate to a few decades. From Rivkin's review and the few others I've read about this book, it would be good for me to get the book as it encompasses a lot that I could otherwise only get from many books - perhaps as expensive individually as this one.

Now to settle it in my mind, is there any other book published now or in the last three years comparable to M. Khorasani's book in geographi, historical, typological scope, etc...? If this book is generally, the most up to date publication around and reasonably accurate, then I'll get it.

Best regards, and forgive my intrusion
Emanuel
Emanuel is offline   Reply With Quote