View Single Post
Old 4th August 2016, 11:01 AM   #5
mariusgmioc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahratt
For those who are really interested in this issue is an article on this topic. After reading it one can make for yourself an opinion.

For those who are really interested in this issue is an article on this topic: http://historical-weapons.com/questi...ce-term-karud/

After reading it one can make for yourself an opinion.
Thank you very much for the link!

This article would address exactly my questio but unfortunately, I could not find the article but only the abstract (which is quite interesting in itself as it concludes the term Karud exists and is correctly used to describe a straight Peshkabz).

However, I would be interested to read the arguments that led to this conclusion, as it may be based on some historical records that were flawed in the first place.

In other words, starting with flawed original information one will certainly end up with a flawed conclusion. And a flawed conclusion may easily end up being considered as the reference truth, providing it is vehiculated and publicized long enough.

Another issue is whether we should use or not a term in order to be more specific, whether that term is linguistically/historically correct or not?!

Regards,

Marius
mariusgmioc is offline   Reply With Quote