View Single Post
Old 11th April 2022, 01:22 PM   #13
milandro

I don’t have a horse in this race.

I am merely showing what I find on line since this is something that many people find interesting and obviously talk about and have done so for a long time.

Some people told me that years ago they were sending blades to Indonesia to have them etched but this option, due to the shipping costs and the introduction of various taxes or regulations has become either very impractical or extremely costly.

I realize that many people have taken to wash blades in recent times out of sheer necessity since they had no access to people whom would etch or simply restore blades

I have no intention of doing this myself and I completely trust the person that does this for me. But if someone feels inclined to experiment in the art of etching I think it would be best if these videos were part of the material to study.

The business practice of someone in Indonesia or in Malaysia are not in danger at all since there is little that someone from Europe (for example) would ship a blade to Indonesia and pay the shipping plus taxes (even if the blade was yours to start with unless you pay for the extremely costly.
milandro is offline   Reply With Quote