View Single Post
Old 24th June 2014, 08:55 AM   #30
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Default Of flogged horses , gardens, square boomerangs and zombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordsAntiqueWeapons
The anvil is cold and I am flogging a dead Makara with you...did you notice.
In it modern day context of the mid 20th century onwards, I have no doubt it has become the norm and socially acceptable about what you claim a sword type should be.
I have proved my point; a horse can only be led to water. Your theory about what a blade type should be in the past is full of holes. To consider no one ever placed an old heirloom blade in to a hilt of this style is light years beyond the realm of possibilities and to claim such an absolute strangle hold on the past and about the doings of every individual in it is but folly. Unless of course you have physic links and can speak with the dead, but even speaking with the dead one by one, you would lack enough of life’s precious breath to fully complete this task of speaking with these spirits...

If the discussions on the subject ever take a logical line I will be more than happy to entertain further discussion and point out further specifics about sword types I’ve bought sold and handled.

All the best,

Gavin.
Salaams SwordsAntiqueWeapons ~

Sounds like you have watched too many zombie horror films? What on earth are you talking about...? Your note about logic is unbelievable... Why don't you follow that idea...?

Please show me what point you have proved? I have seen nothing but rhetoric and disjointed irrelevance floated here by you...? Can you please be logical and show me some sensible detail...Coherent ideas or anything to substantiate your theory..Some research would be useful.

Are you now saying that you have an heirloom sword mounted onto an Omani conical hilt? If I take a Scottish Claymore blade and mount it onto an Omani Hilt does that constitute an Omani fighting sword? Can I do the same with a Japanese Katana? What is the flexibility on the blade you have? Is the tip pointed? Is the blade thick for thrusting ? Show the sword.

I have invited you to place your theory so we can see what this is all about...Why don't you do it..?

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.

Last edited by Ibrahiim al Balooshi; 24th June 2014 at 09:08 AM.