View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2014, 08:56 AM   #20
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordsAntiqueWeapons
So it continues here :-)

Both exist, I am sorry you can't see nor accept it and did not wish to inspect first hand those I had offered.
If I based your previous defence on the matter as absolute one would have to consider every sword presented on the subject as a souk fake...
There are a few points about the flexible blades, their origins and types that need to be taken with more consideration too as your theories are not absolute.

Kubur, I will have time next week to draw from images I have in sold stock archives that display both simple and complex hilt bindings. I am sure you will be able to base a sound restoration on them.

Please remind me if I forget.

Gavin

It continues here because you refuse to continue it elsewhere... Your offer to inspect your sword in Australia was vaguelly irrelevant...I am in Oman...Why would I want to go to Australia to see Omani Swords?

You make a sweeping remark about swords which I observe as fakes...Irrelevant; try to stay on subject..

If you have a few points about the sword type in question why don't you float them here ? Or on the correct thread below;

http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showth...ght=Omani+Sayf

My question to the thread originator is designed to see if the sword is a tourist item or an original Omani Sayf... The Dancing Sword. If you have perhaps accidentally misrepresented a sword ..sold from your collection... as a fighting blade when the sword type was for Dancing and Pageants only...that is your problem. Consider changing your Historical Package to accomodate the correct detail.

The Omani Dancing Sword..Pageants, Funun and Salutations only... Never a Fighting Sword.

Ibrahiim al Balooshi.