View Single Post
Old 17th December 2007, 07:40 AM   #6
kronckew

those two instances are the only ones i've ever heard about. there are no hordes of unwashed barbarian ronin wandering our streets slicing peasants for the fun of it.

they banned guns a few years back, gun crime goes up about 50%
of course criminals don't obey the law, guns flood in from eastern europe, machine shops convert non-firing metal replica guns, or make new ones from scratch.

there have been a number of highly published shootings of teen agers recently, so the govt. had to do something. they've already banned guns; so they've banned samurai swords in order to appear to have 'done something'. this is a trial to see how much objection they get, they'll then have a precedent for the next ban.

they are setting us up for the next round. they've been talking about sharp pointy things and publishing studies by 'eminent' doctors (or is that imminent ) saying there is no need for a knife to have a point and all knives sold should have rounded points. it's not the law yet, but i see it coming. of course we all know knives and swords with rounded points are unable to cause damage didn't they ban pointy bolos in the philippines once? those square tipped bolos couldn't slice anyone then, i guess.

my dha is also 'safe' i guess

plastic (rounded tip of course) knives and forks are next, followed by making even them illegal. reminds me of the PC ZT principal in a US elementary school who hauled a five year old girl into his office and screamed and yelled at her for breaking the rule that scissors could not be brought into the school. the scissors were plastic (rounded points again) and had been handed out by the school for arts and crafts class. the girl was so scared she wee'd on the floor so the principal called the police and had her arrested for assault. great example to our youth.

they have not figured out that the tool is not the weapon, it's the mind behind it.
kronckew is offline   Reply With Quote