Thread: For comment
View Single Post
Old 21st March 2019, 03:08 PM   #6
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
I rarely publish anything from my own collection, unless I wish to sell it, but I've had a think about this, and the way I see things, it is OK to publish, provided I do not publish the blade, which is the keris, the dress is only like clothing.
I fully understand this philosophy and have, for the most part, followed a similar path over the years, but lately i have found i have been breaking this "rule" a bit more than usual (and honestly i feel a twinge of guilt whenever i do). I believe that as i get older my desire to understand more about each of my keris becomes more an imperative. Unfortunately, due to my geographic location, i don't have the advantage of gathering with groups of knowledgable people or even, for that matter, with even a single person who i can show and discuss my collection with and receive and useful feedback. So that leaves only these public internet venues where i can gather the knowledge of other about the these artifacts that i hold so dear. That said, there are still a good number of keris in my collection that i will probably never show in these public forums.
Still, understanding that this is just a fashion show, it might be helpful if we could see some details of the fashions a bit better for the sake of the discussion. Could you show us some close-ups?
Would it be fair to say that this type of wrongko would fall under the category of "Folk Art" dress in the same way as the Gabilan form?
David is offline   Reply With Quote