Thread: Keris Tok Chu
View Single Post
Old 1st August 2015, 03:30 PM   #13
maxbliss888

Default Keris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav
To add: also the Pendokok differs to ones usually fitted with Tajong

Yes, nowadays it is possible to comission a Tajong sheath for every blade and put a Tajong hilt on it. The second blade actually looks slim enough for a proper Tajong, yet for a broader blade like the first one the Tajong sheath is out of proportions.

I nowhere mentioned, I would see You as a dealer or seller.

Yes, you are right as there are many newly made Tajong hilt and sheath made from Indonesia and Thailand and the Thai collectors are able to identify them basing on the design and size as well as the material made.

However, there are also collector who like to put different sarong (dress) for their blade. The first blade that I have posted according to the collector is about 50 years while the second one is more then 100 years.

I see the second more as Tajong Keris with old hilt but fellow collectors insisiting that he blade is Tok chu and since I have only seen two examples, I cannot confirm. I have questioned that the Tok chu should be fatter and their explaination is that the blade has been sharpened in the past. They pointed to the ำ design at the top of the blade as identification.

: )
maxbliss888 is offline   Reply With Quote