View Single Post
Old 25th May 2018, 06:34 PM   #9
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai
This is certainly interesting and may help to narrow things down. Any chance to shoot close-ups without the hair getting into the way?
Hello Kai,

first, there was no attack intended by my comment in the other thread. When you have felt attacked I apologize!
I have a lot pictures from Rolands new treasure which I have assigned wrong as Amanremu since I agree with Roland that it is in fact a very rare Batak Pakpak landingin in my folder where you clearly can see the braiding, picture taken when still uncleaned.
Hope Roland don't mind when I post this picture.
You will agree that this let suppose that this is an original decoration. The same I can say about the gliwang from Thomas, the attachment isn't fine like by the sword from Roland but IMHO a tribal work and not a later addition for selling purpose.
And I've handled both swords in the meanwhile.

A thought come to my mind, could it be that all this pieces are of Pakpak origin? There are not many published Pakpak swords to compare so is the chance high that it was maybe not uncommon that some Pakpak warriors liked to adorn their swords with hair??
Like said before, I think we all haven't seen every sword variant and will maybe never see.

Best regards,
Detlef
Attached Images

Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote