View Single Post
Old 9th September 2015, 06:54 PM   #36
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batjka
This is extremely sad news indeed. This forum will never be the same without Matchlock's expertise. He was a unique man and with his passing so much knowledge is now lost. But his spirit is still with us and his posts will remain as a source of learning and as a memory of a great man that once was with us. Rest in peace, Michael. You will be dearly missed.

Well said! as are all these wonderful tributes to this man who truly loved this forum and openly shared his knowledge and lifetime of collecting and study. Actually much of the knowledge he shared is still here in these pages, and I can only imagine in the many personal contacts he had with others. I know I still have many notes and communications we had over the years, and truly treasure them as I look back to those days.
His spirit stands as an inspiration to keep searching and compiling data to continue learning and understanding the arms we collect and cherish.

Thank you Fernando for placing this tribute thread in permanent heading status, as it is well deserved.
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote