View Single Post
Old 11th September 2023, 09:15 PM   #24
OsobistGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp View Post
Interesting….you say first it is not Bosnian and later you say you can not define….

Either a woman is pregnant or not, but there does not exist something like a little pregnant…(defining it to yet a region….)

Nevertheless….I bought 2 out of 3 in Herzegovina…which is part of Bosnia now and in the past since the Kingdom of Tvurtko.

Than again a lot of folks from different etnicities lived in Bosnia and Hercegovina: Vlachs, Montenegrins, Serbian, Croation, Bosnian, Turkish, Albanian, Greek, Roma, Sephardic Jewish….hence many influences did enter, were taken over into different ways of live.
In a multicultural society like the Ottoman Balkans was, one must be careful to make such firm statements….

When you mention characteristics, mention them specifically and in detail, but I can assure you that there are also Austrian books on the Balkans from 1880 which mention characteristics dedicated to (perhaps) others….

Solun was not Greek but Macedonian with a first in the Balkans very heavy Sephardic population, which spread later to other countries an regions like Serbia, Dalmatia, BiH and so on …..

I can only claim where I did buy the knife…

Look...I have no desire to argue. You can believe whatever you want. The very fact that you claim that Thessalonica was Macedonian is indicative of your knowledge of history to me.
In my humble opinion, the knives you have shown are not typical Bosnian knives.
OsobistGB is offline   Reply With Quote