View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2007, 08:50 AM   #13
ganjawulung

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrylaki
For Correction the name is not Mr.Plongoh....but Mr.Plompong from bekonang.
and Mr Henky ( a friend of mine) says Mr Plompong make good Sunggingan.
Mr.Henky would be a goos person to deal with in Rawabening keris market.
I'm Ganjawulung will agree with me.

I'll visit Mr.Pauzan next December. He's so nice to every body. I introduce my self as a beginner in collecting keris and he gladly answer every question thet I have. Trully nice peson he is.

OK, Thanks to you all ...
the information helps alot.
Dear Ferry,

Mr Plompong is one of the young and promising mranggi warangka (sheath maker) in Solo now. I think he is around 30-s of age. I went twice at his home in Bekonang, in the Eastern part of Solo. His craftmanship on Solonese gayaman and ladrang, is good. But not Jogjanese, of course... (Bekonang is wellknown of producing specific local alcoholic drink called "ciu", you may call it as "solonese whiskey"...). The best mranggi was Mr Indarto (I forgot his formal name in Keraton Solo), but unfortunately this wellknown warangka maker of Keraton Solo died last year...

Hengky? Yes, hengky purnomo in pasar (tradisional market) Rawabening in Jakarta was one of the good keris dealers in Jakarta. If you are fond of precious stones -- then Rawabening is a good "oasis" for you.

The pasar is very very crowded, and... that is Jakarta "slump"... There are more than 10 keris shops there, but mostly selling 21th century Madurese kerises. Only two shops, I think, that sometimes you may find good and occasionally -- exceptional kerises.

(Once upon a time, I think it was 10 years ago, there was an old lady who sold the belonging of her late husband. One of them, was a very very rare form of keris with old wayang relief in the whole blade. Like the keris with relief, which you may see in Tropen Museum Amsterdam. Mr Cholik, one Madurese keris dealer bought the keris with cheap price. And not for long later, a colector gave Mr Cholik a motorbike in exchange of the keris... If I were there, I would change it more than one motorbike, I think...)

Ganjawulung
ganjawulung is offline   Reply With Quote