View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2007, 04:01 AM   #10
ferrylaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
Yeah, Pak Pauzan is a number one class person. A good man. Not many people in Jawa that I trust:- I trust Pak Pus and his family 101%.

Look Ferry, tayuman handles are silly expensive. If you can wait till next time I'm in Solo, sometime next year, I'll give you a piece of wood that has exactly the same qualities as tayuman, but better colour and grain, then you can get it carved.I can even point you to an excellent tukang jejeran.

Keris prices--- you mostly get what you pay for:- pay cheap---get junk; pay in the middle---get something that's OK; pay expensive--- get good---as long as you know what you're doing.

But Ferry, just a quiet word:- let's not talk values, prices & etc here. This is not a market, its a study site. Lets keep it money free. You want talk values, email me and I'll talk all day.

Who is doing the gayam for you?
Ok Alan...I'm looking forward to see you next year. Pak Pauzan told me that you come to Solo once or two times in a year.
I heard that there are some species of wood from Australia has hardness and grain similar or even better than tayuman it self.

I get my gayaman from a keris dealer Mr Henky in rawabening market east Jakarta. the mranggi it self is Pak Plongoh from bekonang.
I just order keris hilt in kemuning wood from Mr Yanto in north Alun alun .
but I havent receive the result yet.
He showed me some example of cecekan which has some quality.
the problem is finding the wood it self, even kemuning wood is getting scarce ( kemuning with minimum 15cm diagonal) .

I'm very sorry for mentioning the kerises price. my intention was to tell that the blade is a cheap example of keris.trully sorry. will never happen again.
ferrylaki is offline   Reply With Quote