View Single Post
Old 26th May 2014, 09:04 PM   #161
kahnjar1

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.alnakkas
I agree with Ibrahim. Bahrain and al Ahsa are historically connected and often ruled by the same dynasties. Also, the khanjars used in the bahrain island and alAhsa (including Qatar) are identical but the Bahraini's developed their own styles which includes stones on the scabbard etc and the uncommon use of ivory. Please google pictures of the Bahraini royal family and you will see many examples.

Although the Bahraini royal family uses Saidi and Omani styles too.. but historically, they had their own style.
Hi Lofty,
I am not disagreeing in respect of HISTORICAL connection between Al Ahsa and Bahrain. The subject here is about the Al Ahsa Khanjar and the modern location of that area. I have no doubt that in the past there were cross connections and different boundries between factions/tribes etc., so the ORIGINAL khanjar could have originated anywhere.
As stated before, this style is illustrated in the book (not just a pamphlet as suggested by Ibrahiim) publication by the King Faisal Center, as coming from Al Ahsa.
I would respectfully suggest that if it is felt that the information is incorrect, then the person suggesting this should contact the Center to clarify. Their postal address is: P.O.Box 51049, Riyadh 11543, KSA
I look forward with interest to the conclusion.
Stu
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote