View Single Post
Old 18th November 2022, 07:34 AM   #1
dralin23

Default An Big and Heavy Katar

I would like to publish my last purchase here in the forum for discussion. i hope that the collectors of indian weapons will write me their opinion and that there will be a good discussion about it. for me it is interesting to know what you think about the age of this piece, what you think about the state of preservation. he was given to me as a katar from 18.19.th.ct. offered and sold. i remembered seeing a katar like this before looking at the photos the seller had sent me... so i looked in my library for a comparative piece and i also found it in the 1998 figiel auction catalogue. at first i thought it would be exactly this Katar because they were very similar in shape, appearance and size, you have to look more closely to see the small differences. there he is definitely described as a Katar from the 17th-18th centuries.
That's why I had relied on the information provided by the seller. this Katar is 80 cm. long with a very heavy and powerful blade of 50 cm. length and 8 cm width in front of the handle.
the weight is almost 2000gr. very high. actually much too heavy for the fight!
the pictures i received before the sale looked very good in any case, it was shown in quite acceptable condition, that's why i finally bought it. I would first like to hear the opinions of our forum members who are familiar with Indian weapons before I post any more pictures of this Katar.
I would be very happy if there would be some good posts from you.
Attached Images

dralin23 is offline   Reply With Quote