View Single Post
Old 5th September 2014, 08:06 AM   #2
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Salaams TVV Thank you for the pictures of the fine sword.......I have to say that not being a spadroon enthusiast I had to go and find out what it meant...thus; The web states Quote "The Spadroon is a light sword with a straight blade of the cut and thrust type. The style became popular among military and naval officers in the 1790s, spreading from England to the United States and to France, where it was known as the épée anglaise (English sword). Hilts were often of the beaded or "five-ball" type with a stirrup guard. A spadroon blade usually had a broad, central fuller and a single edge, often with a false edge near the tip. Spadroons can also be double-edged as well."Unquote.

Assuming that the central fuller means it could also be a central riser in this case... I suppose it is a Spadroon..and very effective it must have been in the lunge. I see the Turkish hilt. I think you have it more or less well placed as you have described it exactly and the scabbard looks like it was made for the blade... Do you have any more information?

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote