View Single Post
Old 11th February 2019, 01:01 AM   #1
DaveA

Default Inbound Package Stuck in US Customs?

Hello,

My package of swords is lost, or stuck, somewhere in the US and never delivered. The swords are beautiful (and precious) and I am in denial about the possibility of losing them forever.

I hope someone in the forum can help me, but I dearly hope that you have not had a similar experience.

I purchased several swords from a forum member dealer who is well trusted for quality and reliability. The package was accepted by the UK Royal Mail and made it to the US. The last time the tag was scanned was on November 4, 2018. Tracking information says: "Processed Through Facility: ISC New York NY (USPS)".

I've talked to USPS customer service and they claim the package is being held by the US Customs and Border Patrol. That is what the last tag information means. They claim to havre no ability to find out the status. (I don't believe this.)

The shipper in the UK initiated an international trace in December, but thus far there is no new information.

US Customs and Border Patrol seems impossible to contact. Their web info says if they are holding a package then they will notify the recipient by mail. I have heard nothing from them.

Searching on the web reveals a great many complaints about the ISC NY facility for lost or delayed packages.

Any ideas on what I can do to find out more information about the package and how to get it delivered?

Thanks for your comments in advance.

Dave A.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote