View Single Post
Old 26th July 2006, 12:01 AM   #1
B.I

Default Very Rare Article on Korean Arms & Armour

hi,
i have been looking for this article for some time, on behalf of a friend (a retired ex-museum curator of ill health) and have finally tracked it down. on indian works, i never care about the cost as its as important to me as my collection, but this isnt indian.
no museum library that i have searched has it, and i know it to be rare due to its elusiveness. but, it finally turned up but the cost of getting it copied is high, as its fragile. for a 50 (ish) page article, of A5 size (cant be scanned flat though, so one page at a time), the cost will be the equivellant of a semi-expensive new book from amazon.
so, if anyone is interested in it, and can paypal me $10, i will travel up there and get it copied, convert it to a pdf and send it on. they will be photocopies, which i will scan in and convert to a pdf for you to print out your end. so, the quality will not be fantastic, but will be good enough.

please note, the first time i enquired about copying, i was turned down. i waited a few days and asked again out of curiosity and was given permission. i didnt have time to hang around (will take a while) so this obviously depends on who is on the desk at the time.
also, i will only bother if i have enough people committing to pay and have copies. i am happy to give up a day to do it, but spend enough on my own research (apologies!). no money needed yet, just commitment to forward it on later.

ok, on the the article.

Korean Arms & Armour - J.L.Boots. 1934

Boots was a collector (and a dapper one at that, by the photo of him in full shooting tweeds!). many of the images are from his own comprehensive collection, as well as some from museums. i quickly scanned through the article and its quite well written, and very useful. either way, there isnt much else written exclusively on korean arms, so definately good to have. as i said, with illustrations (enough pics to aid the text) it runs to around 50 pgs, so its not just an overview (although i havent read it myself)

please PM me if anyone is interested.

BTW i hope this is ok here, and not in the swaps forum. i am not selling anything, but offering information, with contributions towards cost. please feel free to move it should this not be the case.
also, if anyone already has this article (ham?) i would be happy to pay for it and save the hassle of getting it myself.

Last edited by B.I; 26th July 2006 at 12:44 AM.
B.I is offline   Reply With Quote