View Single Post
Old 27th May 2010, 11:49 PM   #8
lionzden

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallas
some of that rajput armor looked more like mughal armor. i thought rajputs went into battle much more lightly armored than that...............you learn something everyday i guess.

and i thought the chakram/quoit was a sikh weapon??? i remember some british writer saying that the sikhs "kept their quoits (chakram) under their turbans so as to conceal them"

there are so many weapons they could have used. i guess they picked the 4 they thought would be most effective...

i agree with the outcome, the centurion was a better warrior in a legion than on his own.
in 16thC rajputs, mughals and sikhs often interspersed to learn from one another.

rajputs and mughals although at one time fought against each other, they ended up helping shore up each other's power and rallied together in the fight against creation of sikh army.

sikhs were the best swordsmen one-on-one with indo persian arms. but they were always ridiculously outnumbered in their battles. hence they learned to use anything and everything to throw at their opponents.

the british were much more adept at strategy, war planning and politics and proved it by establishing such a vast raj.

history shows the real test of time, we can debate centurian vs. robin hood til our hair turns grey LoL
lionzden is offline   Reply With Quote