View Single Post
Old 17th November 2014, 06:02 PM   #4
David
Keris forum moderator

Welcome to the family Ron! There's no going back now…
I do love that silver dress. This is the one out of the three that i find most attractive. I'm not sure that i read that as a crown exactly on the wrongko, but i guess that's a possibility.
You ask if you were blinded by the bling and i would say that perhaps just a little. The silver dress looks like very good quality to me. The ivory Kala carving is nice, but i'm not sure the whole ensemble works for me. I haven't seen the fit on these keris in their sheaths (other than the silver one) to know if they were made for the keris, but i suspect they are newer than the blades (nothing wrong with that). Do you feel all these sheaths where made for these blades (i think i remember the silver one had a nice fit).The blades are respectable, but they are not extraordinary examples of the classic Bali form. But that doesn't necessarily make these less collectable. Still a much nicer start to a keris collection than most of us ever had. ;-) You'll remember in our discussion yesterday that for me it is always the blade that is most important. I would probably choose an extraordinary blade in very plain, understated dress over a average blade in fancy gold and ivory dress every time.
….but i do really like that silver dress.
David is offline   Reply With Quote