Thread: Comment?
View Single Post
Old 9th December 2018, 10:31 AM   #39
A. G. Maisey

Not possible Kai.

This sort of thing is not for public display, when you start to think of genuinely agreed master pieces you are thinking of a very elitist level. To see keris or other tosanaji that is genuinely agreed to be the work of the great masters you need to earn the privilege, it is not simply given to anybody.

I do not know of any reliable source of illustrations or photographs of any ron dha that have been generally agreed to be the work of any of the great masters. I do not even know if Haryoguritno's illustrations are reasonably correct, what I do know is that he had the connections and he spent years of effort on putting his work together. I personally believe that his illustrations would be generally agreed to be correct by those in a position to form an opinion.

I did not draw the comparison between Gustav's Jayasukadgo ron dha to begin any sort of information session on how to identify the work of the various great masters. This is a level that is beyond me.

I drew the comparison to attempt to illustrate just how meticulous we need to be in examination of the indicators that we use to classify a keris, and to attempt to show how very silly it is to play the Tangguh Game with run-of-the-mill Javanese keris.

I have tried to plant a seed that might cause the more perceptive amongst us to engage in some some serious thought.

The Jayasukadgo that I have in my care has no ron dha, it is a wulung tilam upih.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote