View Single Post
Old 21st November 2007, 03:02 AM   #17
ganjawulung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boedhi Adhitya
Many of the Javanese's traditional histories/legends, especially those from Babads, were 'engineered' to support the court's legitimacy. But with use of care, some real historical evidence could be 'extracted'. The Medang Kamulan, according to Denys Lombard (once again) who quoted the Chinese source/report, was situated near the 'natural salt source'. As there is only one 'natural salt source' exists in Java, Lombard proposed that Medang Kamulan was situated near 'Bledug Kuwu', Grobogan, Central Java.

http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bledug_Kuwu
Nice to "see" you again in this Waroeng, Mas Boed. I know that you are a "Britt-man" now... (this gentlemen is studying in England since this November). Thanks, for your valuable view on "Medang Kamulan". By coincidence, I went and "stayed" for more than one week in Grobogan -- also visited Bleduk Kuwu -- to make a simple documentation on folk arts in Blora and Purwodadi. Yes, I took fotos too the fantastic Bleduk Kuwu (Please see picture below). Really it is a miraculous "plain salt mud vulcano", that even you could come near to around 20 meters from the "natural salt bomb"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boedhi Adhitya
Mas Ganja, I should take my hat off for your effort Perhaps you should go to Balai Arkeologi Jogjakarta (while hunting for some kerises, ). Reading an inscription isn't an easy job. By the way, have you seen the (not so) newly open gold room in National Museum ? It has some beautiful keris collections. The unsheated 'Si Ginje' is exhibited, amongs other. Harsrinuksmo falsely mentioned it as having dhapur Singa barong, as I recall.
I have thought so. I was willing to ask gentlemen there, in Balai Arkaeologi (Prambanan) about that "Grabag" inscription. Not hunting keris anymore, Mas Boed. Daily life needs are more important for this time being...

Yes, I have seen some very good displays of original Bone kerises, Sulawesi kerises, Kalimantan and Java kerises, and also two beautiful keris panjang, Also ... Si Ginje. (I will post in other thread). The new (four stories) museum beside the old one is more "thematique". Some good old forms of kerises are also exhibited there..

Ganjawulung
Attached Images

ganjawulung is offline   Reply With Quote