View Single Post
Old 25th April 2017, 09:56 AM   #10
satsujinken

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
So, just a thought here, not an accusation.
Is it wise for us as experienced collectors to pinpoint exactly what gives away a fake so that the forgers can learn from their mistakes and then create better fakes that are harder to judge?
I agree with Alan here. Please don't ask me why.
I believed true keris old keris is impossible to duplicate. It may look the same, but won't feel the same. There are leads, clues that we can use to distinguish them. The problem is artificial aging is easy to be done, and forgers here are very good with what they do. To learn the true knowledge of distinguishing true old blade with new artificially aged ones are important at least for me.

that is exactly why I wanted to share some interesting findings amidst bunch of "ordinary keris" I commonly see in markets here.

We all have to admit that this hobby, or passion need new blood. And it is our duty to nurture those new blood so they wont spend their hard earned money on something fake, or artificially aged.

dunno with you all, but I always kept my mind on the positive

For example, I perfectly knew, that a Jalak Budho is a very rare keris, and yet it popped so many times now. So I treat everything with a pinch of salt and asked for someone far more experienced than me with hope that his opinion may shed new light for me as well as leaving a legacy for all to read and tread carefully.

thanks

Donny
satsujinken is offline   Reply With Quote