View Single Post
Old 4th March 2019, 06:26 PM   #11
A. G. Maisey

Darren, I neither stated nor implied that there was anything false in your quoted passage. I simply commented that belief can be powerful, and I feel that this is an accurate statement.

The thing is this:- you are trying to address the keris from one direction, I am addressing the keris from a different direction. Each of us has certain life experience and knowledge that helps to form our opinions. I have a very lengthy period of experience with people who possess similar perceived abilities to those of Mr. Chang, in fact, I live with one of these people, I have had others who were relatives. We do not all see the world in precisely the same way.

I have spent over 60 years in the study of all things that relate to Jawa. Since 1974 I have spent between one month and six months every year except three, living in Solo in Central Jawa. The perceived abilities of Mr. Chang do not amaze me, nor do they impress me. True, he does appear to possess certain abilities, but from my perspective those abilities have absolutely nothing at all to do with the keris.

I do not have any problem at all with the way in which you are pursuing knowledge of the keris, I believe that you are sincere in your beliefs, and I also believe that if you continue your pursuit of knowledge for long enough you will find that which you are seeking.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote